Uninstalling ANSYS Workbench
1. Close down all applications that are currently running.
2. Select Start> All Programs> ANSYS 14.5> Uninstall 14.5.
You must uninstall with the same or higher privileges than were used to install the pro duct, and we strongly recommend uninstalling as the same user who installed the product originally. If you are a non-administrative user and you attempt to uninstall a product that was installed by an administrative user, you will not be able to proceed. Likewise, if you are a non-administrative user and you attempt to uninstall a product that was ins talled by a different non-administrative user, you will not be able to proceed.
If you are an administrative user and you are uninstalling a product that was installed by a non-administrative user, we recommend that you log in as the same non-administrative user who installed the product and uninstall the product as that user. If you wish to proceed with the uninstall as an administrative user, you should first run %AWP_ROOT145%\commonfiles\tools\<platform\ProductConfig.exe as the same non-administrative user who installed the product and unconfigure each product. After you have unconfigured the installed products as a non-administrative user, you can then proceed with the administrative uninstall. If you do not run the ProductConfig.exe as the installing non-administrative user, the Start menu options and environment variables will not be removed for that user.
3. Select the product(s) to be uninstalled and unconfigured and click Uninstall Selected Item(s). Not all products and product components may be listed individually.
4. You will be asked to save all data and close all Windows applications before continuing. Click OK.
5. After all products are uninstalled, click Yes to delete the \v145 directory. This will remove all files and subdirectories under the \v145 directory, including any user or customized files that you may have added. If you have added any files or subdirec tories, you may want to copy them to a temporary location so they are not deleted. 6. A message appears indicating that the uninstallat
ion is complete. Click OK